Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Beginnings

Hectic is the only word to describe these past few weeks. We’ve officially moved everything back from Arkansas and even after getting my first chemo treatment, I’ve unpacked most of the moving boxes!

Most importantly, after weeks of countless doctor appointments, I have officially started taking chemotherapy treatments. I will take one treatment every week for the next 12 weeks (well, 11 now). So far, the side effects have been few and I am thankful that I can continue my daily activities. We’ll see how the following weeks progress.

Throughout my diagnosis and beginning treatment, I have been blessed to have so much advice and support from friends and family. Thanks to everyone for your kinds words and concern. I especially want to thank Joyce and Wally for their endless time and boundless support. Your information and support has really made the past few weeks so much easier. Thank you!

On a brighter note, the kids have been spending lots of time here. Cate went fishing with Pa for the first time recently. She liked the fishing, but not the actual fish. We’ll have to work on that! We have started referring to the girls as “Princess One” and “Princess Two.” We are looking forward to a summer with the girls, who change every week. They rule the roost!

Hope all is well with all of you. More soon…

3 comments:

camille said...

Hello! Glad to hear of you feeling so well thus far and maintaining a positive attitude- we here in Okc think of you daily and speak of you often; we hope you can feel the love, energy, and prayers coming to you from our direction! Welcome to the blogosphere, BTW- I, myself, am not a blogger so much as just a commenter :). Much love, Camille

Unknown said...

Proving once again that you can teach old dogs new tricks:-) A blog...I cannot believe it, something I won't even attempt to tackle yet.

You all look great! Thank you for setting up this blog and letting us know how things are going. It is a great way to let everyone know what is going on without feeling like we are bugging you.

I am praying for you all! Take care.tara

Summer said...

We are so glad to hear how well you have been doing with the treatments, and as Camille said we think of you all the time. Welcome to the world of blogging!